Latvia' Short-Term Visa
If you plan to visit Latvia on short period of time (no more than 90-days) for tourism, visiting family/ friends or business purposes, then you need to; firstly apply for an Approved Invitation Letter from the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (OCMA) in Latvia and afterward, apply for a Short-Term Schengen Visa from Embassy of Germany in Jakarta.
As per Schengen agreement if the Republic of Latvia does not have its Mission for the issuance of Schengen visas, then it must be represented by other Schengen Member State. Republic of Latvia has an agreement with the Federal Republic of Germany of the issuance of a short term visa (Schengen Agreement) into Latvia for Indonesia territory. Application of short term visa (Schengen Visa) is therefore represented and assigned to be processed and issued by the EMBASSY of GERMANY in Jakarta at Jalan M.H. Thamrin No. 1, Jakarta 10310 - click here for more contact details and click here for location map
Applying LETTER OF INVITATION from ocma
While Schengen visa for entering Latvia is processed and issued by the Embassy of Germany in Jakarta, an approved invitation issued by the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (OCMA) of the Ministry of the Interior of Latvia with validity for 6 months from the date of approval must be applied for and obtained prior to applying for a visa at Embassy of Germany.
Letters of invitation can be applied for and submitted at any regional office of the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (OCMA) of the Ministry of the Interior of Latvia or at address Ciekurkalna 1, Linija 1, K-3, Riga LV-1026 by the inviter directly or making an appointment by phone +3716782 9750 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by:
- INVITER – an individual or a legal entity who invites the foreigner and assumes liability for the departure of the invited foreigner from Latvia at a specified time, as well as, if necessary, ensures the covering of expenses related to health care, residence in the Republic of Latvia and return of the foreigner to the country of domicile
- INDIVIDUAL - an adult citizen of Latvia or non-citizen of Latvia; an adult foreigner who holds a valid permanent residence permit in the Republic of Latvia; an adult foreigner who hols a valid temporary residence permit in the Republic of Latvia – only for the invitation of a spouse, children or parents for a time period not exceeding the term of validity of the temporary residence permit
- LEGAL ENTITY - a state or local government institution of the Republic of Latvia, a legal person of the Republic of Latvia or of a foreign state registered in accordance with procedures specified in regulatory enactments of the Republic of Latvia
The inviter or individual submits a letter of invitation, written in free form, providing their contact information and the following information about the foreign national being invited. While Legal Entity as inviter submits a written application providing the contact information; the registration number and legal address of the legal entity shall be specified:
- Name(s), Surname;
- Date of Birth;
- Place of Birth;
- Address of Residence;
- Reason or Purpose of Entry;
- The Anticipated Place of Residence and Length of Stay in Latvia;
- The Location (Office) where the visa application will likely be submitted.
The inviter or individual or legal entity shall write testimony to assume liability for the departure of the invited foreigner from Latvia at a specified time as well as, if necessary, ensures the covering of expenses related to health care, residence in the Republic of Latvia and return of the foreigner to the country of domicile while presents a valid identification document (passport), submit a payment of the State fee and if required, provides other documents that confirm the following:
- Relationship of the inviter to the foreigner being invited;
- The need for the foreigner to come to Latvia;
If a legal entity wishes to invite a foreigner whose purpose of entry is a religious activity, the request thereof shall be co-ordinated with the Board of Religious Affairs prior to submission to the Office. Such co-ordination is not necessary for the applications of Evangelical Lutheran Church, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox Church, Old Believers, Methodist, Baptist, Seventh Day Adventist or believers in Moses (Judaism) denominations.
APPLYING SHORT-TERM Visa (SCHENGEN VISA)
Please note that the Embassy of Germany in Jakarta is representing Latvia in the issuance of short-term Schengen visas in Indonesia will accept visa applications only from the citizens of Indonesia and those third-country citizens who are staying in Indonesia with residence permits.
Types of short-term Schengen visas (uniform visa, visa with limited territorial validity and airport transit visa) that can be processed and issued by the Embassy of Germany representing Latvia will only valid with duration no more than 90 days in any 180-day period:
- A – Airport Transit Visa
- C – Short Term Visa
"A" Type Visa allows transit through the international transit areas of airports of the Schengen Member States:
- A-type visa or airport transit visa is an individual single-entry, double-entry or multiple-entry transit visa enabling a foreign national to cross the airport transit zone once, two times or an unlimited number of times, respectively.
- The A-type airport transit visa entitles the holder only to stay in the international transit area of the airport (it does not entitle the holder to enter Schengen territory or to leave the transit area of the airport).
- The maximum term of validity of an airport transit visa is six months.
"C" Type Visa allows transit through or an intended stay in the territory of the Schengen Member States of a duration of no more than three months in any six-month period from the date of first entry in the territory of the Schengen Member States:
- Schengen C type visa or short-term visa is an individual single-entry, double-entry or multiple-entry visa.
- The unified visa (C-type visa valid in Schengen States) entitles the holder to stay in the territory of all Schengen States.
- The visa with limited territorial validity (C-type visa valid only in Latvia or with validity excluded for a specified Schengen State/states) entitles the holder to stay only in the territory of the State/states for which it is valid.
When applying for a visa at Embassy of Germany in Jakarta who is issuing Schengen visas on behalf of Latvia, the applicant should be aware of the following:
- A translation into English or in the official language used by the Embassy of Germany shall be attached to the documents
- An invitation approved by the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (OCMA) of the Ministry of the Interior of Latvia should be submitted in a paper-form
Prior to applying for a visa at the Embassy of Germany in Jakarta, the inviting party will be provided with an approved invitation in paper-form issued by the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (OCMA) of the Ministry of the Interior of Latvia which the approved invitation must be forwarded to the visa applicant in Jakarta (see below for more information).
Applicants are to follow the Schengen visa application procedures & paying visa processing fee of Embassy of Germany in Jakarta which more details can be seen below:
Latvijas Republikas Goda Konsulāts | +62 21 2957 5010 / +371 6616 3344 | email@example.com